Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from coming to counselling?
Kate understands the apprehension and courage it takes to make that first phone call to seek help. Counselling provides a safe, caring and empathic environment in order to explore, clarify and discuss problems and issues. The Hills Complete Counselling offers an initial 15-20 minute free phone consultation in order to discuss your needs and whether you think Kate will be a good fit for your counselling journey. Counselling can be a confronting and challenging process, but offers the potential of great personal rewards, clarity and deeper understanding of yourself and your relationships.
If I need to cancel or change my session, how much notice must be given?
A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is requested. Failure to give this notice will result in a late cancellation/non-attendance’ fee being charged, as other clients may miss out.
How many sessions will I need?
This will be discussed at the end of the first session (which lasts 60 minutes), once it becomes clearer what difficulties, needs and goals need to be worked through. Typically it can be expected that therapy can take between 5 and 15 sessions. The more complex the issue, the more time will be required. The fees reflects Kate’s belief that therapy should be accessible and affordable for everyone.
Will my personal information remain confidential?
Pertinent client notes are written up after each session, and are kept strictly confidential in a locked cabinet. Clients are able to have access to their own notes at any time.
Client confidentiality is critical to building trust and a solid therapeutic relationship; however, there are several exceptions to the confidentiality rule. These pertain to keeping the client safe, and legal obligations, and include:
- If there is a court case the client become involved with, the judge might deem it pertinent to the case to use the notes acquired from the client sessions. Notes can be subpoenaed by law, and as such, Hills Complete Counselling has a legal obligation to comply.
- If Hills Complete Counselling became aware, at any time, that there was a direct and imminent threat to the client’s health or safety, or to any other member of the public (including children), the counselling firm is obliged by law to inform the appropriate authorities.
- In order to offer clients the best service possible, Kate attends regular clinical supervision with a more experienced counsellor to discuss particular client concerns, which helps her to hone her skills. This is a confidential space where she can seek assistance on her professional journey in finding the best way forward for the clients, however, at no time do Kate disclose any identifying information that pertains to the client.
- $140 - Initial session, I like to spend up to 90 minutes with you in the first appointment.
- $110 - Each 60-minute counselling session thereafter
- 10% Discount - 6 sessions block-booked
- $80 Energy Healing
If you are financially stressed, talk to me and we can arrange a way forward.
Cash and credit card accepted
I am dedicated and passionate about assisting you on your journey, and welcome clients who are as dedicated and passionate. In order to honour this:
Terms of Service
- Prepayment for all bookings
- 24 hours' advance notice if you need to cancel or reschedule
Life can get unpredictable, appointments can get forgotten, and last-minute unavoidable things crop up. I will send you a reminder text the day before your appointment, in order to negate the forgotten appointment, which allows other clients to book in if you are unable to attend. I appreciate your understanding.
I am pleased to announce that I am now an official NDIS provider to help support people with disability and their carers.